Prof. Is-haq Oloyede through angelic display of unimpeachable integrity, rare incorruptibility, and enviable honesty proved that JAMB is actually a PROFIT CENTRE remitting billions of Naira annually to FG as opposed to purely a cost centre it has been in the past years. By this act, he exposed and proved the past registrars of JAMB as insincere and corrupt.
In his first year in year in office the then minister of finance Mrs Funke Adeosun confirmed that JAMB under the leadership of Prof. Ishaq Oloyede remitted 5 billion Naira to the federal government as opposed to N50 million remitted to govt in seven years. On Prof. Oloyede was able to achieve that he said the board was able to remit the huge amount of money to the Federal Government because it blocked loopholes and checked wastages.
He stated that though JAMB was not a money – generating agency , it was also not a money – wasting establishment.He said this at news conference in Ilorin January 2018.
After the shocking revelation the Federal Executive Council, FEC, in September ordered a probe into the administration of the past heads of JAMB and Prof.Dibu Ojerinde was in center of the probe.
The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related
Offences Commission(ICPC)took up the case and after years of trial the commission on Friday secured an interim order of forfieture some of the properties linked to Prof. Dibu Ojerinde. Which are:
(1) Oke Afin Hostels located
at Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State.
(2) Sapati International School Buildings and Premises located at Ajase Ipo Road, Ilorin, Kwara State.
(3) Doyin Filling Station along Lagos–Ibadan Expressway, Ibadan, Oyo State
(4) Doyin Gas, Ibadan, Oyo State
(5) Soka Filling Station, along Lagos–Ibadan Expressway, Ibadan, Oyo State.
(6) Gravity FM Radio Station, Igboho, Oyo State.
(7) Tejumola House, Ikeja, Lagos State.
(8) A mansion at No 14 Yobe Close, Maitama, Abuja
(9) and Properties in South Africa.
(10) Shares in banks, fixed deposits and money in bank accounts were also part of the properties listed to be
forfeited by the order of the Court.